Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How a small piece of plastic can ruin your vacation!

This summer I decided not to take a vacation away from home. I spent my days lounging with my family, my brothers, sister and my mother since we all live close. I also finally got a lot of sewing done. I made a few outfits for mom and a few for myself but while finishing up one of my last blouses I heard a terrible sound from inside my machine when I pushed the button to do a back tack, then out fell this little piece of plastic! My heart sank. I have never been without a sewing machine. I've called several repair places and some are on vacation and others that I knew of years ago are out of business. I am at my wits end, I have to get this machine fixed. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Thanks for you comment on my blog. Your post is giving me ideas! As far as your machine konking out...how is it that you don't have a backup machine? What are you thinking? As soon as you get your machine fixed, go in search of an inexpensive used machine for a backup. Check Goodwill, Salvation Army, Craigslist etc. A backup machine is like the American Express card, don't be without one!

Karen said...

Thanks for the comment about my graffiti shirt. You are SO right. When I first saw the fabric, I was reminded of the view from the El going to work every day, and how I used to think that the elaborate graffiti was pretty in a strange way.

From one Philly girl to another, we should get together sometime.

Karen said...

P.S. - did you ever get your machine fixed? There's a sewing machine repair guy named Jack DeSorte out at 60th & Market who's inexpensive and very good.